Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Our first Christmas was a romantic dinner for two, since the rest of our week would be so crazy. We made dinner together, drank some wine and opened presents. I made some mushroom risotto (I'll post the recipe later), and Doug grilled some filets. Of course, he had to wipe the snow off the grill first! I served the sweet onion marmalade I made earlier with the steak, and it was very good. Take note that a little goes a very long way. I had been surprised at how little it made - but turns out it will last for a very long time! Good thing, since it's supposed to get better with time!


Doug's plate. He insisted that I take the photo with a nice background. So enjoy the view of our tree!

For the first time, Doug and I did stockings! I won't bore you with all of our gifts, but I had two I had to share! First, my first GF cook book:


I can't wait to try out some recipes!

Also, this might be more embarrassing than funny, but I find it adorable. I wear fuzzy pink crocs as my slippers (I PROMISE I don't leave the house with them), and somehow Doug found a matching ornament:


And a shot on the tree:


He ALSO got me a waffle maker, and I'm looking forward to making GF coconut flour waffles Meredith found on Comfy Belly (and of course posting the recipe as well).

The next night, we did another early Christmas with my mom at my sisters house before heading to PA to visit with the Sherwood crew. I made an additional plain risotto for those non mushroom people. Again, I'll post the recipe separately. But here are my risottos (risotti?):


The entire meal was g-free and delicious! Thanks to mom for an awesome tenderloin!

Meredith made a gluten free apple brown sugar cheesecake. I'll have to get the recipe from her ( but I have to make it before I post it!), since it was fantastic. The crust relies on gluten free ginger snaps, which are available at most grocery stores.

Before:


And after :-)


One more shot to leave you with from the first half of Christmas - my cutie pie little nephew, ready for his first Christmas!

1 comment:

Kim said...

did you notice the author's last name on your GF cookbook? tee hee.

i want to eat up (1) that ridiculous looking cheesecake and (2) caden's cute face.