Monday, December 27, 2010

Coconut Flour Waffles

I already love my new waffle maker. I also love these waffles. Coconut flour doesn't taste like coconut, it's just a light and sweet gluten free flour alternative. They're also very high in protein and low in carbs. Just magic!

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1.5 teaspoons oil (I used veggie)
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla
3/8 teaspoon baking soda
3/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1.5 teaspoons honey
3 tablespoons coconut flour

Preheat the waffle maker. Mix together all of these ingredients. Spray the waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray. Then add the batter and cook your waffles!

I served with blueberry sauce - I just threw some frozen blueberries into a saucepan with some apricot jelly and some honey. Healthier than maple syrup :-)


I also made some eggs and bacon, per Doug's request, since he needed to recharge from snow blowing the driveway! We also both needed some fuel before spending the snow day snowshoeing around Brookline! Hooray for a post Christmas blizzard!

1 comment:

Kim said...

YAY i can finally comment on your page! :) love the picture of doug, and i def want to try those waffles. yummy!