Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baked Buffalo Wings

I reeeallly like buffalo wings. Who doesn't? People who associate them with high calorie greasy bar food. Well, good news - they don't have to be bad for you. If you bake them and are sparing with the dressing (or find a good low calorie dressing, like fat free ranch) then they're pretty low in calories. How I make them is below.

2 lbs of chicken wings (around 20), I get them from Whole Foods
2 packets McCormick Original Buffalo Wing Seasoning
Franks Original Red Hot
1 egg

So, we all know chicken isn't bad for you. The Franks Red Hot has ZERO calories per serving (unless you get mild, I once heard that the mild sauces are diluted with butter because the sauce is naturally spicy...but I can't confirm) and the seasoning has 150 calories a packet. Not bad, especially since you only end up using 1.5 packets. Also, use less if you're not too into the spice. I loooove spice, and these wings were so spicy it made our noses run. Just how I like it :-)

Dilute the egg with a little water and mix. Dip each wing in egg, then drudge in seasoning. Line the wings up in a baking dish and once all are drudged in seasoning, bake at 450 degrees for around 45 minutes. When out of the oven, sprinkle some Red Hot over them. Now take a whole bunch of paper towels to the table and enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks delicious. Will try very soon. I guess thee trick to keep with the "health-conscious" theme would be to stand the heat and eat without ranch or blue cheese? :)